Friday 20 July 2012

Home is where the Art is

I picked up some prints from the framers this morning and have spent the last 45 minutes wandering round my flat, trying to decide where to hang them to show them to their best advantage. In the absence of owning my own dedicated gallery (life is so cruel, eh?), I thought I'd share some of my favourite bits and pieces of artwork here.


I bought this print at a gig at the Brixton Windmill over three years ago. It actually was on the night I met Mr S (you can see the corresponding break-up print here). It turns out this print is by Crispin Finn who I've since written about for Domestic Sluttery and Retro to Go. I like the way it looks with my apple letter holder and favourite ceramic bunny.



In the hallway, I've filled two embroidery hoops with some of my favourite badges from my childhood collection (with a couple of modern supplements).


Also in the hallway is this map of London's independent booksellers. Publish and be Damned were selling it as a leaflet at the London Art bookfair last year and it looks even better now it's been framed.


Thankfully it stretches south enough to include my local bookshop, The Bookseller Crow. 


And possibly the most twee thing in my flat (bearing in mind this post has already included ceramic bunnies and childhood badges in embroidery frames), is this print bought from the Crystal Palace Antiques centre. It reminds me of my favourite Ben Javens card and it makes me ridiculously happy every time I look at it - my favourite kind of thing to live with. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Like the twee print, actually it took me a moment to work out what they were doing (didn't spot the radio) and I was like why are they contorting like that?
    When I realised had a funny (2 second) moment wondering what I look like when I dance!!!! I'm sure not like that, and I don't want to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! They are really going for it, aren't they?!

      I really don't want to know how I dance either - I'm sure you look marvellous! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...