Monday 31 January 2011

Make it up baby!

More sewing adventures as part of my resolution to master my machine. Last Thursday, I attended a basic sewing machine class at The Make Lounge which helped us all create our own cushion covers. My effort is pictured below. Obviously, you won't be able to tell it apart from the handmade, cross-stitched cushion also pictured so I'll have to reveal that it's the one on the left.


Joking aside, I picked up some great tips and am eager to get going on some new projects. I wasn't the only internet person on a Make Lounge class this week: What Katie Does posted about her quilted cushion on her blog. Very lovely!

I seem to have eBay-ed myself out a bit, so I've plenty of material - both literal and imaginative - to get going with. Alas with full-on work, a busy weekend that included attending a wedding, and all of life's other bits and pieces to be getting on with, the essential bit of kit I seem to be missing is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...