Wednesday 22 December 2010

So Last-Year: 1970s Christmas cards



Are you ready? Presents all bought, greeting cards all sent? I went for Stefi Orazi's Modernist London cards this year but for a different look, how about these seventies designs? They were designed by Juliet Glynn Smith for Hunkydory designs in 1970. I like their chunky shapes and pattern and their reminder to incorporate a bit more purple, brown and gold into our lives this Christmas - why should red and green and white get all the festive fun?

So, it's almost the end of another year - this year's been pretty full on and I hope 2011 brings a little bit more calmness. I'm off for a snooze,  a read and no doubt a browse on the prettier corners of the internet. Wishing you a joyful Christmas. I'll see you Next-Year...

Image from Design Council Slide collection, via VADS archive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...