Tuesday 7 August 2012

Last-Week Girl: 5 August 2012 (and late again)

Okay, so I'm late with this thing yet again. My excuse is that this Sunday I was up at the crack of dawn (read before 9am) to go to an old school friend's wedding in Cambridge. It was a lovely occasion, I got to wear my Orla Kiely dress for the first time and it meant all the Olympics chat got moved to a slightly more glamorous venue.


Yes, like every single other person I know, I'm in the grips of the Olympics roller coaster: crying at the telly, crying at the Evening Standard, crying any time I see a volunteer. I was lucky enough to go to two Olympic events this week: the requisite (it seems) session of beach volleyball and the men's trampolining. Squint at the picture and you'll see two very brave men doing their warm-up. The trampolining was quite terrifying to watch, with around six of the men misjudging jumps and crashing out. The medal winners, however, all made it look ridiculously easy - as if twisting four times as you tumble to the ground and flipping over is the most natural thing in the world. As you can tell from the description, I obviously failed to learn the correct trampolining terminology.

I also managed to fit in a couple of good eats this week: at Arang on Saturday for delicious Korean food and MeatMarket on Thursday for a delicious burger. That's a definite win for team FA.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...