Saturday 7 July 2012

Last-Week Girl: 7 July 2012

And so another week has whizzed by. It's been quite sociable, meaning my huge list of DIY tasks have been slightly neglected.

Last Saturday, I took some friends to see the British Design show at the V&A. If you haven't been  yet, I do recommend a visit. Though it's hard to build a narrative over such a large time period and theme, the show is stuffed full of objects that are just cool, whether it's snapshot of 50s coffee culture, a Tolkien map or an amazing Hussein Chalayan tulle fantasy. I've found a different favourite every time I've looked round. After that, we made the most of a rare bit of summer sunshine and headed up to Hyde Park to drink beer by the new Serpentine Pavilion, the perfect combo of booze and culture.

On Sunday we wandered down to the West Norwood Feast to eat away our hangovers. We mooched around the amazing cemetery there (built at the same time as Nunhead cemetery but referred to as "millionaire's cemetery" for the high class of Victorian burial it attracted", this is very impressive though much less neglected), followed by the obligatory visit to B&Q.

I missed on the last of my sewing classes to see Metric play on Monday. The audience was one of the strangest mixes I've seen for ages: Twilight teens, a significant gay contingent and lots of couples where the guy clearly loved Emily Haines and the girl had gone "Why not?" I was in that last group. The gig was fun but clearly all eyes were on Emily, so I felt a bit sorry for the rest of the band. She was wearing a great pair of perspex heeled boots. Though I've failed to find online post gig, they've had me dreaming of pretty plastic.

Add to that week, a pub quiz, a meal with my old flatmate and another friend coming over for dinner, and it's safe to say I'm feeling pretty knackered. What does this weekend hold? I'm painting my living room - fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...