Friday 25 February 2011

A quickie: Counter-culture books

A very, very quick post in what has been a busy week. I had intended to show you some pictures of Saturday's travels to the lovely Bodium Castle - one unintended delete later and I guess that will have to wait for another day.

So what's been keeping me so busy? Too much fun really: Those Dancing Days and Frankie and the Heartstrings on Monday, Gruff Rhys at Cadogan Hall on Tuesday, a tasty Vietnamese meal on Wednesday and attempting to learn to knit at the Make Lounge yesterday. And I've been proof-reading my friend's PhD thesis. I'm quite tired. To top off the week, however, I'm heading to Ultimate Power tonight to live out my power ballad fantasies.

Until I recover from all of that, here's a quite interesting list courtesy of The Guardian: Top Ten counterculture books, chosen by Barry Miles.  I've read Days in the Life, Lipstick Traces and Groupie, while Soho in the Fifties has been lurking on my to-find second hand list for ages. Any more tips along this line of reading?

See you the other side of Ultimate Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...