Wednesday 15 December 2010

So Last-Year: Jack Fletcher's 1940s nordic knitwear


One of the best bits about my job is the great things you can stumble across while just, you know, working. Take today. I was searching through Corbis for potential covers for a book that I'm working on about knitting when the above image leapt out at me. It was taken by Jack Fletcher in Canada in 1949 for National Geographic. I love the fact that while the girl looks quite contemporary in her outfit and with her fashionable fringe, she's also got that beautiful vintage, healthy glow. And the colour of that sky is just heavenly...

I actually took this copy of the image off the intriguingly entitled Inspirational and Motivational Posters website where you can buy a print of it for $39. It seems a slightly random selection for them but I guess it is making me want to grow my hair a little, sort out my skin and go out and buy a great new belt and knitwear, so perhaps that's the idea. But not to attempt to ski, oh no.

And, hurrah, time to celebrate as tis finally the season of festive knitwear. Oh hello again, Christmasjumper.co.uk ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...